For technical support - please contact Submittable at email@example.com.
Directors who wish to have their students (grades 10-12 only) considered for selection should:
1. Complete the application form with payment ($10.00) online at www.submittable.com .The Director must be a current PMEA member. All student applicants must upload a headshot photo - (ABOVE the SHOULDERS, labeled LastName_FirstName).
2. The Audition selections must be submitted online via SUBMITTABLE. The audition selections must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on how to submit EACH SELECTION is listed BELOW as well as on SUBMITTABLE.
The video must display the applicant’s hands while playing the harp as well as the music. The best camera angle would be behind or at a side angle of the applicant with a clear view of the hands and music. To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested.
3. No identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). ). Additionally, please do NOT include any identifying information in the video file name or in the contents of the recording (i.e. your name or school name)
4. The “Window of Opportunity” to record begins Monday, October 15, 2018 and will close at the end of the day (midnight) on Sunday, November 11th, 2018. A confirmation email will be sent to the address used to register with Submittable. Please check your SPAM filters for any communications and also check with your IT Administrator if a school email address is used and no email is received.
*If a harpist submits an audition via Submittable at the district level, but does not participate in the district festival because there were no harp parts in the festival program, the same ranking would hold for regional orchestra. If no harp parts are needed for regional, the same ranking would hold for all-state orchestra in the event a harpist is needed for the All-State program.*
Choose 2 selections from the list which display contrasting styles as well as 1 of the Orchestral Excerpts or Cadenzas for a total of 3 selections. It will be to your benefit to submit the most difficult pieces that you can play well. Performances will be judged on Tone Quality, Expression, Style and Phrasing, Technique, Rhythm, Dynamics and Performance, and Musical Accuracy using the Harp Rubric.
SUBMITTABLE RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Record EACH TITLE separately.
2. Announce (speak clearly) each selection by TITLE on the Video Recording before playing the musical selection.
3. LABEL THE FILE with the SELECTION TITLE from the list. 4. When uploading, SUBMITTABLE will order the recordings alphabetically, therefore, please ADD 01, 02 and 03 before EACH title with 03 being the orchestral or cadenza excerpt. (01 and 02 are to be the contrasting selections in whatever order you choose.)