Thank you for your interest in PMEA! Please select the program to which you are looking to apply from the list below. Questions? Please contact email@example.com
For technical support - please contact Submittable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Directors who wish to have their students (grades 10-12 only) considered for selection should:
1. Complete the application form (follows these instructions). The Director must be a current PMEA member.
2. The Audition selections must be submitted online via SUBMITTABLE. The audition selections must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. The recording may be stopped between selections of each requirement. Applicants must secure the tryout music making sure it is the same Publisher as listed. (Scores are in most libraries). To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested. NO EAR BUDS or HEADPHONES are permitted to be used in the recording.
3. No identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do NOT include any identifying information in the video file name or in the contents of the recording (i.e. your name or school name).
4. The “Window of Opportunity” to Audition will begin the Monday following the PMEA District Chorus Festival- (Monday, January 20, 2020) and closes at midnight on Monday, February 10, 2020.
5. Eligibility-BOTH Region State Festival Accompanists are eligible to apply within a given year. In Regions where a student accompanist is not used, the first place District accompanist who has been recommended by the by the District Host, Guest Conductor, District President and the Chairperson of the accompanist audition committee will participate in Region Chorus. The Committee may also elect to not recommend an accompanist to move on to the Region level even if they are the sole District applicant.
6. Students applying for Accompanist may also be selected as an accompanist for the instrumental ensembles based on their score placement and if the instrumental ensemble requires an accompanist for the majority of music selections programmed.
7. If the Accompanist has also advanced vocally to the All-State level, the student will receive an All-State Choral folder and audition with the All-State Chorus students to determine ranking for future Ensembles-National Honors and NAfME All-East. (This includes Accompanists who are placed in an All-State Instrumental Ensemble.) The next region student in the specific voice section who qualifies for All-State Chorus would still be eligible to also audition since the Accompanist audition would be solely for ranking purposes.
1. A Jubilant Song (Dello Joio) -- accompaniment, mm. 51-87
2. O Schone Nacht (Brahms) -- accompaniment, mm. 29-end.
Open Score Reading
1. O Schone Nacht (Brahms) -- parts pickup to mm. 54-end.
SUBMITTABLE RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Record EACH TITLE separately.
2. LABEL THE FILE with the SELECTION TITLE from the list.
3. When uploading, SUBMITTABLE will order the recordings alphabetically.
THEREFORE, please label recordings as such:
01 A Jubilant Song
02 O Schone Nacht - Accompaniment
03 O Schone Nacht - Open Score
The Future Music Educators Honors Symposium is for Pennsylvania high school seniors who have been accepted at a college/university to major in music education. The program will run concurrently with the 2020 PMEA Annual In-service Conference, April 23-25 at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center. Chaperoned housing overnight at Kalahari and all meals during the symposium are included in the registration fee ($385).
Deadline: Wednesday, March 30, 2020
There will be one, $1000 scholarship awarded by PMEA to a senior student member of a 2020 PMEA All-State Ensemble planning on attending college with a major in music education. The scholarship will be based on the student's academic and musical excellence, resume and letters of recommendation, as determined by the PMEA Scholarship Committee. Prior to the distribution of funds, an officer of PMEA will contact the appropriate institution and confirm the student's enrollment for the following year. The scholarship award will be made payable to the school and sent to the school by August 1.
The applicant must be planning to major in music education at an accredited college, university or conservatory. Applicant must be a senior currently enrolled at a public or parochial high school in Pennsylvania. The applicant's director must be a current member of PMEA/NAfME. If selection to an All-State ensemble has not taken place at the time of application submission, please indicate for which ensemble the student hopes to qualify.
Deadline: Monday, March 30, 2020