2020 PMEA Annual In-service Conference, April 23-25, Kalahari Resorts, Poconos
PMEA Innovations Stage
New for the 2020 PMEA Annual Conference - an opportunity for PMEA members to share experiences they are providing students at the elementary, middle, high school and collegiate levels outside of the traditional PMEA Conference performance track. We’re looking for teachers to showcase innovative opportunities that engage students in meaningful music making experiences in the classroom and ensemble settings from across Pennsylvania, spanning our rural, suburban and urban areas.
Looking for ensembles that:
- Are inclusive of a diverse group of students that represent the school community
- Incorporates non-traditional instrumentation and/or unique instrument/vocal groupings
- Incorporates technology, however it’s not required
- Involves innovative or diverse styles of music (i.e. ethnic, world, modern, etc.)
Ensemble size is limited to no more than 20 students; Selected groups will be given one, 20-minute concert outside of the exhibit hall.
Window of Opportunity to Submit – Monday, February 10 through Wednesday February 26
1. All Teachers submitting an application MUST BE CURRENT MEMBERS OF PMEA.
2. All groups wanting to appear on the Innovations Stage of the 2020 PMEA Annual Conference must complete the following application during the submission window (Feb 10 - Feb 26). *Please note that a Submittable account (no cost) is required in order to submit an application. (Information on creating an account can be found below these instructions.)
3. All applicants are asked to submit one or two unedited, live video submissions of the ensemble for a total time of no more than 10 minutes. The submission(s) should highlight the essence of the ensemble. Please do not include any identifying factors in the video or file name. (An excerpt of a piece (or fading out of a piece) is acceptable to fit the allotted time limit of 10 min. total.)
i. Unedited shall mean NO studio enhancements, edits, or alterations of any type.
ii. Live video submission shall mean a complete performance of a selected work, whether in a rehearsal room or concert venue, with or without an audience.
4. Each application for performance must be verified by an administrator (principal or superintendent) certifying it is the intent of the group to appear on the conference program, if invited.
5. Directors of the selected groups:
A. must be current members of PMEA in good standing
B. must be the director of the group on the audition recording.
C. who are submitting multiple ensembles for consideration, should more than one ensemble be selected, must choose only one ensemble to perform at the conference.
6. Groups appearing on the Innovations Stage must be the same ensemble represented on the submission video.
7. The director of the group on the application must remain the director if the ensemble is selected.
8. All groups are reviewed on a strictly anonymous and impartial basis by panels of music educators who serve as adjudicators. No evaluations from the adjudicators will be provided for the auditioning groups.
9. Invitations to appear at the 2020 PMEA In-service Conference will be issued in Mid-March.
Deadline: Wednesday, February 26