Conference Session Proposal Information
2020 PMEA Virtual Annual Conference
PMEA/NAfME members and PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor Member companies are invited to submit educational session proposals for the 2021 PMEA Annual In-service Conference, to be held virtually April 15-18. The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will blindly review all proposals. The final decision for inclusion in the conference will be that of the conference chair. Corporate Sponsor member session proposals must include a note of endorsement (letter/email) from the sponsoring company when submitted. Sponsoring companies will be listed in the program book.
The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will be guided in the selection of sessions by the following criteria: quality of presentation (objectives and organization); innovativeness; importance and timeliness of the topic to the field; practical applicability and program balance. Session proposals will be accepted in the following content areas:
- Adjudication/ Performance Assessment
- Career Development
- Classroom Music (Elementary, Middle or High School, Theory, etc.)
- Curriculum Development/Assessment
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Early Childhood
- Exceptional Learners
- Higher Ed/SMTE
- Instrumental (Band, Jazz, Strings)
- Modern Band
- Rural/Urban Education
- World Music
Complete the following Online Proposal Application Form which includes: Session Title, Description, Type of Session (panel, lecture, demonstration, participatory) and Content Area. Be sure to include a current email address.
- All selected presenters must be current members of NAfME or representatives of PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor companies. No honoraria are paid to educational session presenters.
- Submission of a proposal is a commitment by all participating individuals to register for the conference.
- Because of scheduling difficulties, individual requests for particular times will be considered, however cannot always be accommodated. *Please note that the virtual format will include a combination of live and pre-recorded sessions. For pre-recorded sessions, presenters may be asked to make themselves available for Q & A when the session is aired.
**For technical difficulties with the Submittable program please contact email@example.com