Conference Session Proposal Information
2021 PMEA Annual In-service Conference
April 15-17, Erie Bayfront Convention Center
Submission Window: Wednesday, May 6, - Wednesday, June 10, 2020
PMEA/NAfME members and PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor Member companies are invited to submit educational session proposals for the 2021 PMEA Annual In-service Conference, to be held April 15-17 at the Erie Bayfront Convention Center. The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will blindly review all proposals. The final decision for inclusion in the conference will be that of the conference chair. Corporate Sponsor member session proposals must include a note of endorsement (letter/email) from the sponsoring company when submitted. Sponsoring companies will be listed in the program book.
The PMEA Conference Planning Committee will be guided in the selection of sessions by the following criteria: quality of presentation (objectives and organization); innovativeness; importance and timeliness of the topic to the field; practical applicability and program balance. Session proposals will be accepted in the following content areas:
- Adjudication/ Performance Assessment
- Career Development
- Classroom Music (Elementary, Middle or High School, Theory, etc.)
- Curriculum Development/Assessment
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Early Childhood
- Exceptional Learners
- Higher Ed/SMTE
- Instrumental (Band, Jazz, Strings)
- Modern Band
- Rural/Urban Education
- World Music
Complete the following Online Proposal Application Form (beginning Wed., May 6) which includes: Session Title, Description, Type of Session (panel, lecture, demonstration, participatory) and Content Area. Be sure to include a current email address. Deadline: June 10, 2020.
*Ensembles: Clinicians who wish to bring their own performing ensemble for use as a demonstration group for their session may do so provided a video/recording of the ensemble is included in the session proposal along with a concise description of how the ensemble will be used during their session. Demonstration ensembles will not receive the same privileges as selected concert hour performing ensembles. Clinicians may also request a demonstration ensemble be provided for them from among the selected performing ensembles if possible.
Other student groups: There is not a limit to the number of students used for demonstration purposes however if they are participating as more than demonstration purposes, such as presenting as part of a panel, they will need to register for the conference.
- All selected presenters must be current members of NAfME or representatives of PMEA/NAfME Corporate Sponsor companies. No honoraria are paid to educational session presenters.
- Submission of a proposal is a commitment by all participating individuals to register for the conference.
- Because of scheduling difficulties, individual requests for particular times will be considered, however cannot always be accommodated. Submission of a proposal assumes acceptance of the scheduled day and time. If the proposed presenter knows of a conflict at the time of submitting the application, a note must be included indicating the conflict for any consideration to be given to accommodating the conflict. Notice of acceptance or non-acceptance for the PMEA Conference will be emailed by October 1, 2020.
*Those interested in presenting research at the 2021 PMEA Annual Conference - the Call for Research Proposals will be made available at a later time and is separate from this call for proposals.
**For technical difficulties with the Submittable program please contact email@example.com