CALL FOR SESSION PROPOSALS
2017 Pennsylvania Arts & Education Symposium
November 2, 2017 - Radisson Harrisburg Hotel & Convention Center
Submission Deadline: July 28, 2017 (end of the day - midnight)
Arts educators, artists, and arts
advocates are invited to submit education and advocacy session proposals for
the 7th Annual Pennsylvania Arts and Education Symposium to be held
on Thursday, November 2, 2017, at the Radisson Harrisburg Hotel &
Proposed Sessions should be for 60 minutes.
Presenters may express a preference for a morning session (starting approximately 10 a.m.) or an afternoon session (starting approximately 2 p.m.).
The Symposium Planning Committee will review all proposals. The final decision for inclusion in the Symposium will be made by the Committee.
If invited to present, Session presenters must register for the
Symposium at the “Very Early Bird Rate” by September 15, 2017.
There are a limited number (12-15) of slots available for
sessions. The conference planning committee will be guided in the selection of
sessions by the following criteria: quality of presentation (objectives and
organization); innovativeness; importance and timeliness of the topic to the
field; practical applicability; and program balance. Session proposals will be
accepted in the following content areas:
- Advocacy with School Boards
- Advocacy with State/Federal Policymakers
Advocacy in Your School
and Early Childhood
- Arts and Special Learners
- Arts and Technology
- Arts Integration
- Curriculum Development/Assessment
- Developing Teacher Leaders in the Arts
- Linking the Arts Across the Curriculum
- Model Programs: Dance, Media, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Out of School/Afterschool Arts Opportunities
- Other Topics in Arts Education
Complete your Online Proposal Form.
- No honoraria are paid to session presenters.
- Submission of a proposal that is accepted for
presentation is a commitment by all participating individuals to register for
- Submission of a proposal is an agreement to have the
Session recorded and broadcast on Pennsylvania Cable Network.
we cannot guarantee a presentation time when a proposal is submitted,
acceptance will be for a specific morning or afternoon time. If you have a preference, please indicate
that on your Proposal.
of acceptance or non-acceptance for the Symposium will be emailed by August 15.
Questions should be directed to Ron Cowell at 412-298-4796.