Directors who wish to have their students (grades 10-12 only) considered for selection should:
1. Complete the application form online at www.submittable.com .The Director must be a current PMEA member. All student applicants must upload a headshot photo - (ABOVE the SHOULDERS) - labeled LastName_FirstName.
2. The Audition selections must be submitted online via SUBMITTABLE. The audition selections must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. The recording may be stopped or separate videos may be uploaded between selections of each requirement. SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS on how to submit EACH SELECTION is listed BELOW as well as on SUBMITTABLE.
The video must also display the applicant’s hands while playing the piano as well as the music. The best camera angle would be behind or at a side angle of the applicant with a clear view of the hands and music. To obtain the best audio quality, a good microphone as well as high-end computers or digital recording devices for the recording equipment are suggested.
3. No identifying clothing may be worn (i.e. no school t-shirts, no name identification, no PMEA, NAfME All Eastern or National shirts). Additionally, please do NOT include any identifying information in the video file name or in the contents of the recording (i.e. your name or school name).
4. The “Window of Opportunity” to Audition will begin the Monday following the PMEA District Chorus Festival- (Monday, February 11, 2019) and closes at midnight 2 weeks later.(Deadline Midnight, Monday, February 25, 2019). A confirmation email will be sent to the address used to register with SUBMITTABLE. Please check your SPAM filters for any communications and also check with your IT Administrator if a school email address is used and no email is received.
5. Eligibility-BOTH Region State Festival Accompanists are eligible to apply within a given year. In Regions where a student accompanist is not used, the first place District accompanist who has been recommended by the District Host, Guest Conductor, District President and the Chairperson of the district accompanist audition committee may apply.
Please note the following:
- Students applying for Accompanist may be selected as an accompanist for the instrumental ensembles based on their score placement and if the instrumental ensemble requires an accompanist for the majority of music selections programmed.
- If the Accompanist has also advanced vocally to the All-State level, the student will receive an All-State Choral folder and audition with the All-State Chorus students to determine ranking for future Ensembles-National Honors and NAfME All-East. (This includes Accompanists who are placed in an All-State Instrumental Ensemble.) The next region student in the specific voice section who qualifies for All-State Chorus will still be eligible to audition since the Accompanist audition would be solely for ranking purposes.
Applicants are responsible for securing their music.
- Zigeunerlieder #9 “Weit und breit”- (Brahms)- play the accompaniment for the ENTIRE selection.
- “Sure on this Shining Night” (Lauridsen)- play the accompaniment for mm. 16-47 ONLY.
Open Score (PARTS)
- “Sure on this Shining Night” (Lauridsen)- mm. 16-24 ONLY.
SUBMITTABLE RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Record EACH TITLE separately.
2. LABEL THE FILE with the SELECTION TITLE from the list.
3. When uploading, SUBMITTABLE will order the recordings alphabetically.
THEREFORE, please label recordings as such:
02 Sure on this Shining Night Acc **(Acc. Only Selection - mm 16-47)**
03 SSN Open Score **(mm 16-24).**