This program has been established in honor of PMEA Executive Director Emerita Margaret Bauer.
To provide grants to qualifying PMEA members who require
funding for professional development, resources, equipment, or creative
projects which will enhance music instruction, student learning and forward the
mission of PMEA.
- Applicant must be a current active PMEA member and have been a member for at least one year prior to the grant request.
- Applicants must complete the application form. No incomplete forms will be considered.
- Applicants will be interviewed by the selection committee as part of the application process.
- If selected for a grant, the recipient will submit a report to the committee within thirty days of completion of the professional development or project and write an article for the PMEA News based on the results.
- If a request is denied it may resubmitted the following year. Members are eligible to apply for one grant every five years.
The maximum amount awarded for a single grant will be $1000.00. Grant money may not be used for transportation or hotel costs associated with conference attendance.